Course at a glance
The Faculty of Business, Economics and Law (BEL) incorporates the UQ Business School, the School of Economics and the TC Beirne School of Law.
With 9500 students including 3000 international students enrolled over three schools, and an alumni network of more than 57,000, the BEL Faculty offers students unparalleled opportunities in their fields.
We engage and build sustainable and mutually beneficial relationships with students, alumni, industry and government.
#1 ranked MBA Program in the Asia-Pacific and #16 in the world - The Economist
- The University of Queensland Business School is independently ranked as one of the top business schools in Australia and amongst the leading institutions worldwide. Based in Brisbane, it brings together over 130 subject experts with over 8,000 students and offers a wide range of degree programs and Executive Education.
- UQ’s School of Economics is consistently ranked in the top two per cent of research-intensive economic departments in the world. The School is a leading teaching and research centre both nationally and internationally. Our world-class academic staff and diverse range of courses will equip you with the ability to apply theoretical knowledge to real-life problems.
- • Ranked #1 economics research institution in Australia according to RePEc*. We are ranked #2 in the world for research into productivity and efficiency placing us above Harvard and the London School of Economics
• In the Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) 2015 National Report, we ranked well above world standard (rank of 5) in economic theory and above world standard (top ranking of 4) in economics
• Nobel Prize Laureate in Economics (1994) for Game Theory, John C Harsanyi (1920 - 2000), launched his academic career as an economics lecturer at UQ
• Our research strengths span economic theory, applied economics and econometrics.
- The TC Beirne School of Law is a long-established and leading Australian law school. The School is committed to providing high quality undergraduate and postgraduate legal education, and to the production of quality, leading edge research.
The honours program provides Bachelor of Commerce graduates with an extra year of high quality study to enhance their business and finance skills. This program will appeal to high achieving students eager to pursue research and more adva