University at a glance:
Field of study:
At Monash, the desire to make a difference informs everything we do.
But we go beyond good intentions. We make an impact, both locally and internationally. We are a global university with a presence on four continents. And our plans for the future are ambitious.
Ratings and rankings
Monash is ranked:
- In the top one per cent of world universities – 73rd in the world – according to the Times Higher Education World University Rankings (2015–2016)
- In the top 150 world universities, with an estimated rank of 114th according to the Academic Ranking of World Universities 2015.
- The best university in Australia for engineering and technology (Times Higher Education, 2015–2016)
- The best university in Australia for chemistry (Academic Ranking of World Universities, 2015)
- 35th in the world for clinical, preclinical medicine and health (Times Higher Education, 2015–2016)
- 44th in the world for arts and humanities (Times Higher Education, 2014–2015)
Faculties & Schools
- Art, Design and Architecture
- Business and Economics
- Information Technology
- Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences
- Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
We offer a range of on-campus accommodation options at Clayton, Berwick and Peninsula.
We are also currently building four new halls of residence at the Clayton campus to be available in 2016. This exciting new hub will include three shopping precincts with food outlets, pop-up bars, shops, public spaces for entertainment, and plenty of green space to relax and connect.
Making a difference takes energy and idealism as well as experience and wisdom. As a young university, our outlook is progressive and optimistic. We aren't mired in cynicism, tradition or convention.
We attract the best scholars, but we're not elitist. We open our doors to anyone who is prepared to work hard to make a difference.
We have five local campuses throughout Victoria, two international locations in Malaysia and in South Africa, and centres in the People's Republic of China, Italy and India. Each provides an environment that identifies and nurtures talent – and turns that talent into ability.
We believe the best way to help our people meet the challenges they face is to provide a supportive environment. We champion and support our students so they have a memorable university experience. It's a friendly university – no matter which campus you attend.
From collaborative research opportunities, to building community relationships, our focus is always on how we can empower our people to make a positive impact on the world. Things like the bionic eye and the anti-flu drug Relenza.
Shared ambitions move us forward, faster. The more relevant, useful and powerful connections we can make, the greater our impact will be.
Our motto Ancora Imparo ("I am still learning") reminds us that the search for knowledge never ends. We are fired with a restless ambition that pushes us to do things better, to set new benchmarks and to break new ground.
In order for our students and staff to positively impact their communities and the world, we must equip them and inspire them – so they can be agents of change.
We are a product of a proud history. If you'd like to find out more about where we've come from, you can find out more about our history.